A Truly Traditional Country Pub
Parts of the Royal Oak date back to the 17th Century, some as far back as 1613! It has been trading as a Public House from the middle of the 18th Century. There have been many changes over that period which include the building of the Deepdene Estate (once the home of the Hope Diamond) and its demise, the opening and then closing of the local Dorking Brickworks, and the formation of North Holmwood Nature Reserve.
Adrian and Beverley always extend a warm welcome to all including canine friends (dining room excluded except for working dogs). Warm fires and Mulled wine in the winter and magnificent sunsets over the open countryside in the Spring and Summer